Can I sign an occasional rental agreement with a foreigner?

  • Updated

Yes, you can. Foreigners have to satisfy the same requirements as Polish citizens regarding indicating the premises to which they will move, providing a declaration by the owner of said premises, and submitting to voluntary enforcement and eviction in the form of a notarial deed. Upon fulfilling them, they may conclude an occasional lease agreement.

The exception here are the citizens of Ukraine. Until further notice, they are covered by the special act: the Act of March 12, 2022 "On assistance to citizens of Ukraine in connection with armed conflict on the territory of that country".

Art. 69 of the special act states that Ukrainian citizens do not have to indicate the premises to which they will move out after the end of the contract.